Tropical Rain Forest in Peninsular Malaysia is one of the most complex ecosystems in the world. It is also a very unique natural heritage that has been in existence for more than a million years. It is rich in a variety of different plants and wildlife, includes 2500 species of trees, 200 species of mammals, 600 species of birds, 110 species of snakes, 80 species of lizards and thousands of insects. Our forests are part of a natural heritage and plays an important role in the protection and conservation of biodiversity. It sequesters carbon and also functions as carbon sink. Our natural forests have unique and beautiful landscape that meets recreation and ecotourism needs. Establishment of Forest Eco Park in forest reserves is consistent with the National Forestry Policy, 1978 (revised 1992) to maintain a sufficient number of areas as a place of recreation, ecotourism and public awareness on forestry. Recreation in Forest Eco Park Peninsular Malaysia.
>Recreation in Forest Eco Park Peninsular Malaysia
Forest areas with attractive and natural environment that serves as areas to stay away from the noise and busy city life are termed as amenity or recreational forests This is emphasized in the one of the statement of the National Forestry Policy, for community forestry programs and to provide for recreational facilities and tourism.
The establishment goals of Forest Eco Park are as follows:-
- Provide places for the public to relax, carry out family or group activities such as picnic and recreational activities.
- Create awareness among the public on the importance of maintaining the environment for better life;
- Enhance individual performance and release from the stress of work and busy city life.
- Provide opportunities for the public to explore forest areas and enjoy its natural beauty by walking through forest trails, the use of facilities for activities such as for hiking, boating etc.
- Functions as open laboratories for conducting research and education.
- Ecotourism attraction and additional revenue to the country.